Wednesday, April 14, 2010

fabric landscape collage

8"x10" fabric quilting and embroidery

Wow! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I took a little unplanned hiatus. Anyway, I'm back to work now.

This newest project is a fabric collage, plus I embellished it with some decorative embroidery. Let me know what you think. It's not quite finished. I need to add a fabric boarder around the edges. I'm at a standstill because I can't seem to make up my mind which fabric/color will really make the scene pop. Let me know if you have a suggestion.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hi, Gina... have you thought about matting and framing it, instead of giving it a fabric frame? It would put a white/off-white border between your art and the darker finishing edge it needs. I love this piece -- the embroidery is perfect.

Gina said...

Hi Julia,
Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your advice and encouragement. I just posted the final version. What do you think?
P.S. I dropped by your site too. Lovely work!

Post a Comment